The Michael Fund
A Pro-life Alternative to the March of Dimes
The Michael Fund, based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is an organization
dedicated to intertwining scientific research for the
prevention of genetic defects and the pro-life philosophy.
The Michael Fund was established to be an international spokesman
primary influence in stemming and reversing the tide of eugenic
'defective' unborn children as well as the de facto and deliberate
defective children and adults.
The Michael Fund:
- raises money for research -- basic and applied -- on chromosomal
and enzymatic therapy in Trisomy 21, the most common and non-inherited
form of Down's syndrome;
- works to accomplish a research breakthrough that will lead to a
cure or elimination of the causes of genetic birth disorders;
- makes its research findings available to any others conducting
similar research in related areas;
- creates awareness of the benefits to the family and community
brought as a
result of rearing a disabled child and enabling him or her to achieve
maximum development of his or her potential in society;
- advocates and encourages efforts to improve the care, treatment,
evaluation, and habilitation of defective children and adults, to the
their families and communities: and
- enlists support for the objectives of the Michael Fund from
professionals and advocates who work in this field.
The Michael Fund|
500 A Garden City Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15146
Posted 12 Sep 2000.
Copyright 1997 by The Life Guardian, Harrisburg, PA.
Contact Pregnant Pause